We are looking for a passionate and skilled Industrial Designer
The Lanefyld rollator prevents rollator related accidents. With our product we enable nursing homes to provide better quality of care for their residents and reduce healthcare costs.
Lanefyld wants to become the “Tesla” of the rollator market. 50% of all people using a rollator are doing so incorrectly which causes lots of accidents. These accidents can have a significant impact on a person’s life as they can become isolated, are unable to live at home or sometimes even pass away.
In order to solve this problem, we utilize smart technology to assess if an accident is about to happen, just like Tesla. In case of a dangerous situation, the system automatically activates the electric brakes in order to stop the accident from happening. We combine our technology with a beautiful design because we believe that functionality and aesthetics should always go hand in hand.
As an intern you will work side-to-side with the 2 founders of Lanefyld. The main topic that you will be working on is researching and developing methods to detect potentially dangerous situations and the implementation of these methods into a prototype. You will be in close contact with end-users and stakeholders to test your hypothesis and prototypes.
What we offer
- Impact: your internship might contribute to making a real impact on the lives of older adults by preventing falls.
- A workplace at our office in YES!Delft, one of the best tech incubators in Europe.
- A dynamic work environment where you will learn a lot about what it takes to run a startup.
- Guidance from 2 Industrial Engineers with different skill sets.
- A lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Internship compensation.
- You currently study for a BSc or MSc in Industrial Design/Engineering.
- You have experience with CAD software.
- You are available for at least three months full-time.
- You can work independently on your own tasks.
- You have experience with microcontrollers, sensors and programming.
- You can physically be present at our office at least 3 days a week.
What we are looking for
Interested, looking for information, or would you like to get acquainted?
Contact Thijs or Yff at email@example.com. When contacting us, please send us your portfolio and curriculum vitae.